WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
When you submit information we may collect personal information from you, such as your name, occupation, e-mail address, phone number, home address or other contact details, as well as other information such as dietary restrictions and subject matter interests.
The way in which we may collect personal information from you includes (but is not limited to):
• via our website;
• by telephone, mail, or email; and
• in person (including at ACITI events).
Cookies may be placed in the browser files of your computer by our servers or third party IT service providers, which may automatically record the following details about any computer used to access our website, including:
• server or IP addresses;
• country of origin;
• top level domain names (for example .com, .gov, .au etc);
• the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
• the previous sites you have visited;
• the type of browser you are using;
• the pages visited on our website; or
• time spent on our website.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browser activity except, in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information). Sensitive information includes information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and criminal record.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for the performance of our activities, and personal information collected from you by you, such as e-mail address, name, address and telephone number, will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
• replying to you using any of the contact information provided to us;
• providing you with newsletters, event invitations or subscriptions;
• managing your membership or subscriptions;
• contacting you by phone, post, or e-mail regarding your inquiry/feedback/comments/complaints;
• compiling demographics for our own statistical purposes;
• direct marketing;
• facilitating any services or other business that we have with you; or
• to undertake associated administrative or operational activities.
If you do not or are not able to provide us with the requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the information, goods, or services which you have requested.
WHO CAN YOUR INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED TO?
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, board directors, related bodies corporate, service providers and advisers, in order for ACITI to provide you with the information, products, and services we are providing to you. We will not give, sell, trade, rent or otherwise supply your personal information to any other third party organisation, except where you have consented to this, or where it is reasonable to do so in the provision of services to you, or where the law requires us to do so.
We do not publish personal information collected through this website, unless we have your express permission to do so.
Your personal information may be disclosed to contractors who have been engaged to perform services in connection with our activities.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
By contacting us on the email address below you may request:
• access to your personal information;
• changes to your personal information to ensure it is up to date;
• that we remove any personal information you do not wish us to retain. We will not charge you a fee for your access request, but we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.We may only refuse your requests if permitted by law. If your request is refused, we will provide you with a written explanation for that refusal.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH RESPECT TO PRIVACY?
You may contact us on the email below to complain if you believe that we have interfered with your privacy. Your complaint will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer and we will respond accordingly.
LINKS OR REFERENCES TO OTHER WEBSITES OR ENTITIES
Our website or other materials may contain links or references to other web sites or entities. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites or entities.
+61 (0)404 670 434.
The publications on this site are for the general information of the Australian Centre for International Trade and Investment's (ACITI) clients and audience. The information contained in them is not intended as advice and readers should rely on their own inquiries in relation to matters discussed. While ACITI endeavours to ensure it is accurate and current at the time of publication ACITI accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss whatsoever suffered by any person arising from any act or failure to act on the basis of information and/or the opinions contained in it.
COPYRIGHT© Australian Centre for International Trade and Investment
All material on this site is copyright. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be produced or reproduced by any process without written permission from ACITI. Requests or inquiries concerning reproduction should be addressed to the Executive Director, Australian Centre for International Trade and Investment, PO Box 3043, Murrumbateman, NSW, 2582, Australia. In all cases ACITI must be acknowledged as the source when producing or quoting any part of an ACITI publication or other product.The copyright to some material is not owned by ACITI. Any requests concerning this material will be forwarded to the appropriate agency or person.