AiGroup's Report: Australia's New Trade Agenda
AiGroup's Louise McGrath and Jeff Wilson have produced a valuable report on the new trends impacting Australia's trade practice and policy.
The 5 key trends they identify are:
* Rising protectionism and geopolitical conflicts
* Digitisation creating new products and services as well as new ways of trading across borders
* The increasing importance of plurilateral trade agreements while global-level negotiations remain stalled
* The pricing of carbon embedded in traded goods and
* Shocks to global supply chains highlighting the need to build supply chain resilience.
The report describes these trends, defines the challenges they pose for business and policy makers, and proposes new ways forward.
A highly recommended read.
You can access the full report HERE.